Decoding Digital PR Strategy in India
Continuing from my previous post about how a PR company could possibly bring a significant change to the digital ecosystem in India. Here’s a basic presentation as to how any small Public Relations company can build a 360 degree Digital PR Strategy Services portfolio for their clients and improve upon their revenues in long term.
Key Highlights of Digital PR Strategy Approach
- Smartphones have seen an exponential rise in India in the last 5 years. The total number of mobiles would touch 900+ million by December 2014, out of which 100+ million would be smartphones ( read this )
- Close to 14+ million booked tickets online, a whopping 60 million eCommerce transactions and 26 million people joined Facebook in 2013-14
- Flipkart.com became the first eCommerce portal to feature in the top 10 traffic websites in the country.
- 21% of the Pinterest’s profiles are coming from India.
- Close to 48% of consumer searches for products start on the smartphones.
- Google’s online search revenue is going down, courtesy an exponential growth of Android.
- Estimated Digital Market Size is around INR 8396 Crore
- Sales Strategy should be divided into Transactional & Experiential
- 9 reasons why digital would grow further:
- 5000 mid sized companies with 1000 cr+ turnover
- 30+ B2B verticals which are still untouched by digital agencies
- 75000+ NGO with little digital presence
- 200,000 SMBs with >100 cr revenue
- Booming Startup Ecosystem in India
- Over 1500 crores of e-governance budget in centre & state budget
- India is on its way to become 3rd largest mobile market in the world
- Both Google & Facebook have committed their strategic investments in India in next 3-4 yrs