In the advertising & marketing communication world , this is one of the most commonly debated topic, does your brand really need a Digital PR company when they have a well established conventional PR agency? More often than not, the brand assumes that their current empaneled PR agency is capable of handling any contingency or marketing problem. But in today’s digital universe, that simply isn’t the case.
When it comes to the question of a digital PR agency versus a traditional PR agency, we know that digital agencies offer capabilities that are beyond the scope of firms that focus on a more traditional public relations approach.
Why you need a specialised Digital PR agency?
- A digital PR agency is much better equipped to offer its clients reach across a range of online and offline sources. The content messaging they create is often customised to the need of modern socially active and upwardly mobile individual.
- From online media placements to social media engagement, a digital PR agency delivers outcomes that extend beyond the limitations of a traditional PR firm.
- Though both a digital PR agency and a traditional PR agency share the same communication objectives, i.e. to enhance their clients’ reputations and increase visibility among targeted audiences. The key difference however, is the way both of them approach a marketing problem. A digital PR company would always think of creating multiple manifestations of the marketing communication which can be leveraged across different content channels and a range of consumer devices.
- Compared to a traditional PR agency, a digital PR agency has a lot more channels in its toolbox. Although many digital agencies also handle traditional media placements, they have the ability to leverage websites, blogs and other online placements to deliver real-time messages across an increasingly sophisticated array of global, web-based channels.
- Traditional PR is often a one-way conversation in which the brand presents key messages for consumption by core audiences. But a digital PR agency specialises in creating two-way conversations and authentic dialogue with audiences, generating exciting opportunities for brand interaction and customer engagement.
Given the state of technology, most public relations firms are eager to brand themselves as digital. But there are several core capabilities that only a digital PR agency can bring to your business.
- SEO. A quality digital PR agency would always think of various ways in which it can optimise your marketing content to get better search rankings.
- Content. A digital PR agency would always look at content in terms of bringing not just advertising value & eye balls but building powerful thought leadership messages from it.
- Social. Having a specialised digital PR company would allow you to bring better social experience of your marketing idea. They can cross leverage the same marketing thought across multiple social channels and deliver a much better return on investment for your brand.